The village church was founded in the early Middle Ages with twin pillars supporting the chancel arch dating to the Norman period. The list of rectors can be traced to William called Arturo, appointed in 1266 and remains unbroken to the present day. Parts of the church were added over the centuries including the 15th century tower. This contains a ring of five bells originally cast in Gloucester in 1719. They were restored to commemorate the Millennium and are now rung regularly. The church was restored in 1851 to 1853 when the existing roof was replaced. The church contains a fine 15th century wine-glass stone pulpit, font, war memorial plaques and commemorative tablets to members of the Elwes family. Worship continues today with regular weekly services through the year. For enquiries about Sunday services or other church-related matters please contact the churchwarden on 01242 870264.